What association members really want
The benefits of belonging to an association from a member perspective have been explored in a new piece of research released by Gallagher.
Featuring input from nearly 750 members from 41 associations, the report, entitled The Benefits of Belonging, explores overall levels of engagement and satisfaction, and sought opinions on the most pressing cost concerns members face in the running of their businesses, and the services they would most like their associations to offer.
Some of the key findings of the research include:
- The big difference in perceived value of association membership between under - 30s and those aged 30+
- The cost and effort of marketing their business is association members’ most pressing concern on a day-to-day basis
- The high value members place on being able to source preferentially priced business insurance through an association relationship
- Member engagement with the full range of benefits available to them through their association is low – but those who fully engage have high satisfaction levels
- Insight on the services members would most like to access as part of a broad member benefits program
To access an interactive online version of the report, or to download as a standard PDF, simply complete the form on this page. As well as immediately accessing the report, we will also email you a link to the report to view at your leisure.
Here, Andrew Whittle, Gallagher's Head of Agency, discusses some of the findings of the report with regard to member engagement and member satisfaction.
Thanks for your interest! And should you wish to discuss any aspect of the report, please contact Gallagher's Natasha Burr. Email her directly or call 07 3387 1954.